We are only at 4 months old and teething is taking over our lives! With Jack, he did the same thing and still didn’t get any teeth until he was 7 months old. Now Keaton has begun gnawing at his little fists like crazy and wriggling around like his gums are on fire. I know it’s time to take serious action. Natural action that is. Here are the top favs in our house when it comes to battling these babies and their teeth (or lack there of)……..
1) One of our favorites: A cold or frozen carrot. Simple, clean, classic. They love this. LOVE it. I wash it of course, and then hand it over. They not only chomp down on it themselves with all their baby fury, they also find it easy to hold and use. You can also take charge and press it against their gums for them. Trust me, they will let you. And they will smile and coo and enjoy the pressure that relieves their sweet misery.
2) Dipped Chamomile Tea Frozen Washcloth. Chamomile is very soothing for teething babies, so this remedy is a 3 in one special. Soothing Chamomile, cold inflammation reducing temperature, and the rough texture of a washcloth to chew on. Done and done.
3) Sophie. Obviously.
4) RaZberry Teether: This is a love love relationship for my kids.
5) Amber Teething Necklace: This one is tried and true. I was too afraid to use it with my first because I was afraid of somehow having it restrict his breathing, but after researching it TONS it seems this is the hot ticket.
6) Hylands Teething Tablets
7) Your finger applying counter pressure along the gums is a great way to relieve the pain. If you want to bump this one up, wrap a wash cloth around your finger and they can bite down on it. Better yet, a cold or frozen wash cloth wrapped around your finger!
8) Good old fashion distractions. Shiny objects, dancing, some hip hop, whatever takes your baby’s fancy. If they are thinking about the Bob Marley instead of their mouth, they won’t be crying.