There isn’t enough space on this blog to write about the love affair I have with the golden beauty and benefits of raw honey. It is literally the be all end all to living healthy and it is the cure to a million ailments. Not to mention its benefits to weight loss! That’s right people! Firstly, let me just mention that I am specific in saying the word RAW when I talk about honey. I should also mention ORGANIC. The reason for this is because, without going into a long story about it, the bees making honey in a non organic setting are being sprayed with chemicals to fight a natural mite that likes to hang with the bees. They have found that spraying the bees with these mite killing chemicals has not only helped grow the mites stronger, it has made the honey very rich in the chemicals that the bees are sprayed with. In short, by having regular commercial honey from Ralph’s, you are enjoying a huge serving of disgusting and sickening chemicals. Yum. Organic Raw honey on the other hand has more benefits than you can even imagine. And if bought locally, can even cure ailments you may be having due to your surroundings…..
1) Allergies. The winds have picked up and you are sniffing and sneezing. Local Organic Raw Honey can reduce, if not eliminate, symptoms from allergies. This honey contains pollen from several different plant and provides a tolerance to even your most wide range environmental allergic reactions.
2) Lose Weight. Each morning 30 minutes before you eat and on an empty stomach, make this concoction. Then repeat before bedtime. Drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
The formula for honey and cinnamon for weight loss:
This should be prepared at night before going to bed.
1. Use 1 part cinnamon to 2 parts raw honey. 1/2 tsp cinnamon to 1 tsp honey is recommended but can use more or less as long as in the ratio of 1 to 2. — so 1 tsp cinnamon to 2 tsp raw honey is ok too as an example.
2. Boil 1 cup…that is 8 oz of water.
3. Pour water over cinnamon and cover and let it steep for 1/2 hour..(30 minutes)
4. Add honey now that it has cooled. Never add honey when it is hot as the heat will destroy the enzymes and other nutrients in the raw honey.
5. Drink 1/2 of this directly before going to bed. The other 1/2 should be covered and refrigerated.
6. In the morning drink the other half that you refrigerated…but do not re-heat it…drink it cold or at room temp only.
Do not add anything else to this recipe. No lemon, no lime, no vinegar. It is only effective on an empty stomach and primarily at night.
The cinnamon and honey cause a cleansing effect in the digestive tract and cleans out parasites and other fungus and bacteria that slow down the digestion…causing a toxic build up. (Lowers pH) Once this is all cleaned out then you will most likely have the weight loss slow down.
Typical claims of benefits that you will find for drinking this concoction include:
1. Inches will be lost before you will notice the scale creeping downward.
2. The cinnamon and honey cleanses parasites, fungus and bacteria out of the digestive tract.
3. You may experience side effects due to the release of toxicity.
4. You may experience increased energy, better sex drive and a better mood.
5. The formula will block your body from gaining fat.
3) Sleepy Time. Add some honey to a warm glass of milk or tea (or on it’s own!) right before bedtime for a better night’s rest. Honey helps your body release melatonin into the brain, which promotes a deeper, more restorative sleep.
4) Support good bacteria. Honey contains probiotics that help support the growth and activity of good bacteria in our gut, making it very efficient for digestion. Since it doesn’t ferment in the stomach, it’s easily absorbed and be used to treat indigestion.
5) Make an exfoliating sugar scrub. Mix some raw honey with a bit of sugar, and your favorite moisturizing oil, and massage the mixture all over your body, in the shower, for a gentle, exfoliating, all-natural body scrub.
*A word of caution: Since honey contains natural botulism spores, make sure not to give honey to children under the age of 1 year, as their intestinal tract is not mature enough to inhibit the growth of botulism.