New recipe that I tried out this weekend! Let me just make it clear, I spend little to no time on these projects so I promise they are fast and easy and you can do them with a baby in the house. I don’t have a nanny of any kind, and it took me about 5 minutes to make these great deodorizer discs. I know the picture has them in a cupcake tin, but there is NO COOKING involved at all. A few ingredients mixed together, poured, and left to dry. That’s it. The reason for this particular need was because, to put it frankly, Jack’s diaper pail smells. It isn’t the freshest scent in the house. And I’ve been meaning to try to conquer the task but I have put it off until now. These discs are great, and with just a few ingredients I already had it was job done. I have one hanging in his pail now, and I can safely say it is working wonders and the smell is zapped. Here is what I did..
1) Mix boiled water with 1 cup baking soda. Add just enough water to the baking soda to make a thick paste. Stir.
2) Add 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
3) Add 5-10 drops Scent of your Choice (I used Sweet Orange Essential Oil because I feel like Citrus smells clean and fresh)
4) Stir all the ingredients together, then pour into paper cupcake holders. Fill each holder about 1/2 inch.
5) Let this sit for 24 hours
The final product:
Now they will be discs that you can remove from the paper and use. I put one disc into a small mesh bag and it is now hanging inside Jack’s diaper pail and it has totally solved the problem. With the extra discs that I made, I just kept them in the paper cups and stacked them one on top of the other and stored them away. I ended up with about 10 extra discs, so I am set for a long time I think! These discs can be used to eliminate odor naturally anywhere in the house, so if you need them in the bathroom or closet or even in a drawer, they are perfect for that, Just don’t lay any clothing on them, they do have oils that you wouldn’t want to soak into any fabric.
Cheap and natural! Enjoy!